- October 29, 2010 // 10 Comments
- December 2, 2010 // 8 Comments
- December 2, 2010 // 6 Comments
- August 23, 2011 // 4 Comments
- March 2, 2011 // 4 Comments
- September 19, 2012 // 0 Comments
- September 16, 2012 // 0 Comments
- September 15, 2012 // 0 Comments
- September 12, 2012 // 0 Comments
- September 8, 2012 // 0 Comments
- By ragee1318, March 3, 2012
- By GRN Reddy, February 27, 2012
- By manoj mishra, January 11, 2012
- By Damien, January 5, 2012
- By Damien, January 4, 2012
Myanmarese Army head’s visit to India being finalized
The Myanmarese official is expected to meet AK Antony, the Indian defence minister during the trip. He will also meet the Indian Army head Gen Bikram Singh, the Indian Air Force head Air Chief Marshal Norman Anil Kumar Browne, and the Chief of the Naval Staff of the Indian Navy Nirmal Kumar Verma. He will also travel to the Buddhist pilgrimage site of Bodh Gaya in Bihar, as a part of a personal visit.
After meeting the Indian officials, Vice-Senior General Aung Hlaing will visit the headquarters of the Eastern Command of the Indian Army at Kolkota and the main base of the Eastern Command of the Indian Navy in Vizag. The Myanmarese media reported that in addition to these two facilities, the Myanmarese General is also likely to visit several other installations of the Indian Armed Forces.
The visit by the Tatmadaw Chief is believed to be in response to the visit by the Indian Prime Minister Man Mohan Singh to Myanmar, which was undertaken earlier this year. Man Mohan Singh was the first Indian Prime Minister to visit Myanmar for the last 25 years. Several agreements and treaties were signed during the visit, and the Indian Prime Minister had taken time off to meet political activist Aung San Suu Kyi. Currently Myanmar is undergoing a transition from military rule to civilian rule.